Problem restoring data from Macrium "Clone".

vendredi 2 janvier 2015

CAN ANYONE HELP!?!?!?



Hi All,



I was able to clone my laptop 70GB HDD to my 128MB flash drive without a problem using wonderful Macrium Reflect Free Edition.



Not long after putting a password on my HP Compaq Presario C552US Notebook PC; i wasn't able to log-on.



At this point I was directed by MS to edit my registry profile IDs. But instead of merely only deleting the last (offending) one; I deleted all four of my/the profile IDs in my registry.



My Vista OS then went kaput. :(



After numerous System Restores... some giving me hope that all might be well. But despite this/these; I wanted to tweak until everything with my Vista Home Basic edition was like it had been before.. e.g. with the same wallpaper, restored Outlook Mail Folders.



So since I had a Macrium Reflect Free edition clone copy of my HDD made only last month 8-15-13; I thought to use this clone copy in combination with my HDD's -Vista Easy Transfer- program, in order to attempt to use this method to restore my missing or hard-to-find/access data(e-mails, documents, pictures/photos, favorites and other settings).



this/these action/s ended up erasing all of these from my HDD, and it seemed, until a few hours ago, also from my Macrium Reflect clone copy... but now it may be that this 8GB of data and maybe more got shunted to a subfolder on the/my clone copy...



Do You recommend restarting my Macrium Reflect program to see if I can access this data then manually copy/transfer it back to my fixed Vista and HDD???{and, if so, how should I proceed within Macrium?} or should I use/return to attempting to usse Windows Explorer to attempt to access this data???



Thanks in advance for any help rendered,



Andy


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor