"Maximum path length exceeded" error, and I cannot determine which file's path is too long

vendredi 6 juin 2014

I have almost 300,000 files that all need to be recovered from my external hard drive to my C drive, but whenever I try to recover them all, I keep receiving the "maximum path length exceeded" error. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to go through 300,000 files to figure out which ones have paths that are too long. I renamed the destination folder on the desktop to a one lettered file, but that didn't change the error. I did some searching on the topic, and someone mentioned a way to find out which files have paths that are too long. They said that you could use Microsoft Access to analyze the files after saving them to a text file, but they didn't go into detail, and I have insufficient computer knowledge to figure it out myself. Is there any way to fix this dilemma?



Here's where I found out about the method, if anyone is wondering:

http://ift.tt/1kRJZTv


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor