Hirens Boot CD 15.2

jeudi 3 juillet 2014

Just tried it on the win 7 desktop. It is a live CD, and boots and works OK. It loads to RAM and runs quick and light.

This is probably old stuff to the more knowledgeable members here, but it is new to me so I thought I would share it.



A word of WARNING for other not too tekkie mortals like me. Hirens has some very powerful apps . . . they can bypass most windows restrictions and allow you to make disastrous changes and delete stuff you shouldn't, like system files and boot flags.



This win 7 desktop came back from the shop with the DVD drive and OS replaced, and I wanted to test the DVD drive. Also, I have had concerns for some time about the trend to restrict the ability of newer computers to boot "other" OSes, so thought I would try Hiren's live CD. Used a little app called BURNCDCC to make the boot disk.



Posting here now through firefox 16 running from the CD.

Hiren's connected to this wireless router when given the security protocol and password.



Haven't even begun to explore the options, haven't had time yet and am a bit intimidated, but one thing I want to do is change the partition structure of the win xp drive on this computer. Want to reduce the size of the OS partition and create storage partitions. The HDD is 1 terabyte, windows xp probably doesn't need all that. :P



Hiren's has "Parted Magic" included, will try it when I get up the courage.


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor